Paris attacks suspect planning "something in Brussels"
Detained Paris terror attack suspect Salah Abdeslam has told investigators he had been planning to target Brussels, Belgium's foreign minister Didier Reynders said on Sunday.
"...he was ready to restart something in Brussels and it may be the reality, because we have found a lot of weapons, heavy weapons, in the first investigations and we have found a new network around him in Brussels," Reynders was quoted in a statement as saying at a panel discussion in the Belgian capital.
Abdeslam, Europe's most wanted man, was captured in a dramatic raid in Brussels on Friday.
Reynders, speaking in English at the Brussels Forum, an annual US-organised transatlantic conference, said police were still working to track down suspects involved in the attacks in which 130 people died.
"We are sure that for the moment we have found more than 30 people involved in the terrorist attacks in Paris, but we are sure there are others," Reynders said.
Paris prosecutor Francois Molins told reporters on Saturday that Abdeslam had played a "central role" in planning the November 2015 attacks, which targeted bars, restaurants and the Bataclan concert hall and were claimed by the Islamic State group (IS). (AFP)
Related articles on Qantara.de: